Alpharetta dentist helps his nearby patients understand the costs, reviews, and other considerations of Invisalign
It’s hard to smile when you’re uncomfortable with the appearance of your teeth. Many adults have flaws in their smiles that they’d like to change. From chips and cracks to misalignment, cosmetic imperfections can damage both the health of the mouth and the beauty of the smile. Dr. Bradley Hepler of Atlanta Center for Dental Health helps his patients in Alpharetta, and nearby, understand the costs and provides reviews of cosmetic treatments such as Invisalign.
What is Invisalign?
When most people think of orthodontic treatment, they imagine metal brackets and fine wires. This treatment, which is common for children and young teens, can be difficult for adults who find themselves in frequent social and professional situations. However, with Invisalign orthodontic treatment, patients can adjust the alignment of their teeth using a series of transparent plastic alignment trays that are nearly invisible to others.
How does Invisalign work?
Patients will visit a dentist who will map out their treatment plan and order customized Invisalign trays. The patient will wear each alignment tray for a predetermined amount of time – usually two weeks – before moving on to the next tray in the series. Patients will check in with their dentist about every six weeks, but most of the treatment is done at home. It’s important to note that while the trays can be removed they should be worn at least 20 hours a day to achieve effective results.
SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT TODAYCALL NOW New Patients :
(866) 687-1992 Existing Patients :
Book Your Appointment
Benefits of Invisalign
The Invisalign orthodontic treatment system has received rave reviews because it allows patients to improve their smile without the appearance of traditional braces. However, that’s only one of the benefits of Invisalign. Other benefits include:
- Convenience: Because the treatment is predetermined, and the trays are premade, patients can avoid the monthly visits to the orthodontist to have their brackets checked and wires tightened. This allows patients to have many important hours back for family, friends, or productivity during their orthodontic treatment.
- Comfort: The plastic alignment trays are not only better for appearance, they’re better for the mouth as well. Traditional braces are sharp and can scratch the inside of the mouth, Invisalign trays are smooth and comfortable. There are also no wires that can snap and break, causing additional discomfort and the inconvenience of emergency trips to the orthodontist.
- Duration of treatment: While traditional braces can take several years to achieve the right results, most patients complete their Invisalign treatment in 18 to 24 months.
- Removability: While the clear alignment trays should be worn at least 20 hours a day, they can be removed for eating and brushing. This allows patients to continue to enjoy their favorite foods without having to worry about breaking a bracket or snapping a wire. Furthermore, the trays can be removed for brushing, which helps ensure that the patients’ oral health stays strong during orthodontic treatment. Finally, patients who have high-profile social or professional meetings can remove their trays to help improve their confidence.
- Affordability: Patients often think that to receive the benefits of a system like Invisalign, it must cost a great deal. In fact, the treatment can be quire affordable and a payment plan can often be arranged.
- Health: Properly aligned teeth improve periodontal health, which reduces chances of heart disease, diabetes, cancer, dementia, stroke, infertility.
Will Invisalign work for me?
Invisalign is an effective orthodontic treatment for most adult and teen patients. In fact, many adults who had braces as a teen find that their teeth have shifted out of alignment when they didn’t wear their retainers or follow proper maintenance protocols. These adults often turn to Invisalign to bring their teeth back into position.
The first step to determining if Invisalign will work for you is to consult a trusted dentist who will examine your mouth and take x-rays and impressions. Patients who have severe misalignment or problems with their bite may learn that they need a different orthodontic treatment to achieve their desired results.
If you’re not happy with the appearance of your smile, call Dr. Helper at Atlanta Center for Dental Health today. He will examine your mouth, talk to you about your desired results, your lifestyle, and your budget, and help you determine the most effective way to achieve the smile you deserve. For more information call (866) 687-1992.
Back to Invisalign Page