Patients in Alpharetta GA prefer Invisalign orthodontics
People tend to think of children with metal braces when they hear the term “orthodontics.” It’s surprising to find that in 2012, over a million adults received orthodontic care. Many of those adults in Alpharetta, GA used Invisalign Orthodontics to help attain aligned and beautiful teeth. Dr. Bradley Hepler of the Atlanta Center for Dental Health wants to help you understand why.
The Invisalign system vs. traditional braces:
- Both are used to straighten teeth for improved looks and function.
- Traditional braces use wires and brackets that press against the teeth to move them.
- Invisalign straightens teeth with aligners made from smooth, nearly invisible plastic designed for the specific patient.
- Metal braces remain on the teeth 24 hours daily. This can limit foods eaten and make oral hygiene difficult.
- Invisalign aligners are worn 20-22 hours daily. They are removed when it’s time to eat and for brushing and flossing. This allows easier oral healthcare.
- Braces need frequent adjustments, which can be painful. Some patients develop mouth sores from the brackets and wires rubbing.
- New aligners are used every two weeks. Because they are made of smooth plastic, cheek and gum irritation is eliminated.
Types of alignment issues Invisalign works for:
- Gapped teeth: Gaps between your teeth will often occur with an abnormal growth of the jawbone. Missing teeth can also cause this.
- Overbite: When the upper teeth rest over the lower teeth.
- Underbite: The lower teeth push past the front teeth.
- Open bite: Some of your teeth don’t make contact with the opposing teeth.
- Overly crowded: Your jaw is too small for your teeth.
- Crossbite: Upper and lower jaws are both misaligned.
Dr. Bradley Hepler has over a decade of experience in dentistry and is committed to tailoring treatment to each individual. Give us a call today at (866) 687-1992 so we can help you achieve a beautiful smile you will be proud to share.
Back to Invisalign Page