Dental Implants in Alpharetta, GA
Restore Health and Beauty to Your Smile
Dental implants are the only permanent, natural-looking replacement for missing teeth. They’re designed to restore your tooth from root to crown, as the titanium implants integrate directly into your jaw for unmatched strength and stability. Best of all, dental implants can last up to a lifetime if you maintain excellent oral hygiene.
Explore our guide to learn more about dental implants so you can determine if they’re the best treatment for you.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer several unique benefits that other tooth replacements can’t match, including:
- Natural appearance and function
- Secured to your jaw and never removed
- Easy to maintain
- Resistant to decay
- Stimulates healthy jawbone growth
- Can last a lifetime with proper care
Our Dental Implant Process
Getting dental implants is a three-step process that’s typically completed over the course of several months. If you get implants at our Alpharetta dental practice, your treatment will consist of the following steps:
- Initial Consultation — The first step of your procedure is meeting with Dr. Hepler so he can examine your teeth, gums, and jaw to determine if you’re a candidate for dental implants. He’ll also answer any questions you have and explain the treatment process in detail.
- Implant Placement — After your treatment plan has been approved, Dr. Hepler will place your implant or implants directly into your jaw and protect the surgical area with a temporary restoration so you can begin the healing process. Typically, your mouth will need three to six months in order to fully heal and integrate with your implant.
- Customized Restoration — Once the healing process is finished, you’ll return to our office so Dr. Hepler can attach your customized restoration. Depending on your needs, this may be a porcelain crown, a fixed bridge, or even full-arch dentures.
Are You a Candidate For Dental Implants?
If you want a tooth replacement that lets you eat, speak, and smile with confidence, look no further than dental implants. Unlike other restorations such as dentures, implants are anchored to your jaw so they won’t slide around or fall out. For added convenience, they can also be maintained just like natural teeth with daily brushing and flossing.
An ideal candidate for dental implants will have a strong, dense jawbone and healthy gums. However, if you suffer from jaw deterioration or gum disease, you may still be able to qualify with the help of a supplemental procedure such as bone or gum grafting.
Smile GalleryActual images of patients
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do dental implants last?
In most cases, dental implants will last for at least 25 years before they need to be replaced. If you practice excellent oral hygiene and visit your dentist for regular checkups, your implants may never need to be replaced.
How do I take care of my dental implants after the procedure?
During the first week after surgery, it’s crucial to follow Dr. Hepler’s post-op instructions. These will include limiting your diet to soft foods, avoiding drinking alcohol or smoking, and rinsing your mouth with warm salt water after meals.
Once your implant has healed, you can care for it just like a natural tooth with daily brushing and flossing. Dr. Hepler recommends using a soft-bristled toothbrush and nylon floss, while also avoiding brands of toothpaste that contain abrasive ingredients.
Are dental implants safe?
Dental implants have an overall success rate of 98%. As long as your surgery is performed by an experienced and qualified dentist like Dr. Hepler, there’s no reason to worry. In fact, dental implants are the only tooth replacement that prevents your jawbone from shrinking, making them the safest option long-term.
Will insurance cover my dental implant procedure?
Most insurance providers designate dental implants as a cosmetic treatment and don’t cover them as a result. However, your insurance may pay for a portion of your total treatment cost, depending on the terms set by your provider. If you have any questions about your insurance coverage, we’ll be happy to help you maximize your benefits.
Visit Atlanta Center For Dental Health
If you want a tooth replacement that improves your health and your smile, dental implants could be right for you. Whether you’re missing one tooth or a full arch, implants will give you the confidence to live your life without restraint.
Call our Alpharetta office at (866) 687-1992 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Hepler. It’s the first step on your journey to a brand-new smile!